Day before Departure
Your final itinerary will be sent to the address (in Japan) you provide when booking this package.
- Departure from Haneda Airport
Travel to Haneda Airport in Tokyo to board your scheduled flight to Hokkaido's New Chitose Airport. Please note that you will be responsible for arranging and paying for your own transportation to Haneda Airport. Proceed to the JTB Tour Desk, and the staff will assist you in boarding your flight.
- Arrival at New Chitose Airport
After arriving at New Chitose, head into town. Please note that you will be responsible for arranging and paying for your own transportation from New Chitose Airport to Sapporo. It takes 30-50 minutes by JR train (limited express, rapid, and local service trains available). The standard one-way fare is JPY 1,040/adult, JPY 520/child (current as of October 2011).
After checking in at your hotel in Sapporo, you are free to explore Sapporo and enjoy the Snow Festival on your own! All of the hotels available for this package are located close to Sapporo Station and within walking distance of Odori Park.
A buffet-style breakfast featuring Japanese and Western dishes is included at your hotel. After breakfast, you are free to do as you please.
- Return to Tokyo
Travel to New Chitose Airport in time to board your return flight to Tokyo. Again, please note that you will need to arrange and pay for your own transportation from Sapporo to the airport.
- Arrival at Haneda Airport
The package ends on arrival back at Haneda Airport in Tokyo.
*Adult fares shown in this column are for when two guests on the same reservation stay in one room.
**Single supplement fees apply for travelers booking and/or staying alone. The fee will be added to the base fare listed under "Adult Fare".
Three Sapporo hotels are available for this package. As mentioned above, all of them are very close to Sapporo Station in a prime location to visit the Snow Festival in Odori Park and to get around the city of Sapporo as a whole.
To help this tour fit smoothly into any pre-existing plans you might have, there are three time slots for both the flight to Hokkaido and the flight back.
- Morning: Departs between 6:30 and 10:30 a.m. Arrives between 8:00 a.m. and noon.
- Mid-day: Departs between 11:00 a.m. and 2:40 p.m. Arrives between 12:30 and 4:10 p.m.
- Evening: Departs between 3:00 and 9:00 p.m. Arrives between 4:30 and 10:30 p.m.
- Morning: Departs between 7:30 and 10:30 a.m. Arrives between 9:00 a.m. and noon.
- Mid-day: Departs between 11:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Arrives between 12:30 and 4:00 p.m.
- Evening: Departs between 3:00 and 9:20 p.m. Arrives between 4:30 and 10:50 p.m.
- Cancelled 21+ days before departure: No cancellation fee.
- Cancelled 20 - 8 days prior to departure: 20% of total package fare.
- Cancelled 7 - 2 days prior to departure: 30% of total package fare.
- Cancelled day before departure: 40% of total package fare.
- Cancelled day of departure before departure time: 50% of total package fare.
- No call, no show: 100% of total package fare.