Sendai is one of Northern Japan's most popular sightseeing destinations. From its fascinating historical sites and high-quality museums to the natural beauty of the city itself and the surrounding landscapes, that's not much of a surprise. Oh, can't forget the delicious local specialties like mouth-watering beef tongue (gyutan) and zunda, a unique and tasty yet healthy dessert made from soy beans.
On top of that, Sendai's hot spring resort of Akiu Onsen is perfect for relaxing and melting away the humdrum of everyday life.
Well, now we're giving you the chance to visit Sendai and spend the night...for free! That's right folks, it's another JAPANiCAN.com giveaway, and this time we've got a free night for two, and we're even throwing in round-trip Shinkansen (bullet train) from Tokyo! See below for all the juicy details.
Need some helpful Sendai info? Check out our Sendai Feature.
Wondering how Sendai is doing these days? Read a report about visiting the city (written after the March 11th disaster).
One-night Stay at Hotel Hananoyu in Akiu Onsen for two
*One room for two guests. Room may differ from that pictured above. Pictured hot spring baths are communal. Stay must be used before 3/31/2012.
Round-trip bullet train tickets from Tokyo to Sendai for two
Dinner on the day of check-in and breakfast the following day at the hotel for two
Please read these before moving on to "How to Enter" at the bottom of the page!
• If selected as the winner, you will have 48 hours to respond after being contacted through email. If no response is received after 48 hours, you will forfeit the prize, and a new winner will be selected.
• The prize must be used for a date before March 31, 2012. If a stay date before March 31, 2012 cannot be agreed upon by both the winner and hotel, the winner must forfeit the prize. No alternative prize will be provided.
• One room for the winner and one guest (shared) will be provided.
• Desired stay date may not be available due to lack of vacancies or other operational concerns.
• Tickets will be provided for the winner and one guest who will be staying with the winner in Sendai.
• Round-trip bullet train tickets between Tokyo Station and Sendai Station will be provided. Any and all other transportation costs will be the responsibility of the winner.
• Train tickets will be arranged as agreed upon between the winner and JAPANiCAN.com. Once finalized, the tickets CANNOT be returned or changed.
And here's what you've really been waiting to get to, right?! Well, entering is easy. First, head over to our Facebook page on the campaign tab:
Once there, "Like" us if you haven't yet (we hope you like us offline as well!), and follow the directions on that page to enter. You will need to send an email to our special campaign email address. As always, we solemnly swear not to use your personal information (email address included) for any purposes other than contacting you regarding this giveaway or making arrangements in the case of the winner.
Deadline to Enter: February 2, 2012 @ 10:00 a.m. (Japan Standard Time)